Author talks to students at Neale Wade Academy about writing books
- Credit: Archant
A former Marshland High School student has given a talk to pupils about being an author.
Rudi Jennings, spoke to pupils at the March academy to talk about his writing and his fantasy adventure novel.
The Last Myon is published by Olympia and weaves a story of adventure, revenge and an individual’s total unwillingness to submit or to fail.
It includes battling against overwhelming natural elements and a group of hardened, sadistic creatures who will stop at nothing to succeed in his capture and slavery.
Rudi, who lives on the outskirts of Wisbech, says he grew up in a countryside of fields and trees which helped give the basis of description in his book.
You may also want to watch:
Through travel, various professions and a keen interest in psychology and fantasy writings, he developed a style of his very own and is keen to share it with the fantasy adventure world, he says.
He hopes the novel is the first instalment and adventure of many more to come.
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 8 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 9 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 10 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
He says of the book: “One thing is for certain, The Last Myon will keep you hooked until the very end, bonding with characters and excitedly reading on with an obsession to find out what happens next, promoting an ethos to take away of never give up, never surrender.”
At school Rudi developed a keen interest in fantasy films and writing believing it to be a pipe dream that one day he to could become an author.
Through travel, various professions ranging from close protection officer to pest controller and a keen interest in psychology and fantasy writings, he developed a style of his very own and is keen to share it with the fantasy adventure world.
This plans to be the first instalment and adventure of many to come and Rudi is confident his successes lie with the encouragement received from his mum, dad, brother, friends and fiancée and the amazing stories his mum used to read to him as a little boy.
The Last Myon has received five star reviews on Amazon selling out in the first day.
Rudi gave up his time to talk to the students of Neale Wade Academy organised by his old school friends who now teach there.