Forty members and guests fill Mendi’s restaurant in Wisbech for monthly meeting of the town’s business and professional men’s club
- Credit: Supplied
More than 40 people filled a Fenland restaurant for the monthly meeting of the Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s Club.
Greeted by John Groom, members and guests discussed the club's annual golf day, a museum trip for next month's meeting and a trip out to an Indian restaurant.
Kevin Rogers gave a speech at the August meeting - held at Mendi's restaurant - and he also delivered a slide presentation on the years between 1960 and 1965.
It was announced that the club's annual golf day - taking place on September 18 - is now fully booked and that tickets for the 'Annual Grand Ball' are selling out fast.
A spokesman said: "Discussions included the first visit outside of London to the Wisbech Corn Exchange.
You may also want to watch:
"The speaker gave a brilliant talk and slide presentation on the years between 1960 to 1965, covering the music scene, fashion, films, politics and national service.
"Kevin was thanked on behalf of the members by Brian Keirman. The next meeting is on Wednesday, September 10 when Roger Rawson will talk on the old and new Wisbech."
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 10 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
The Grand Ball is held on Saturday, October 5 and is held at the Wisbech St Mary Community Centre.