Rain set to creep in for bank holiday weekend
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
It is expected to start off dry in East Anglia with rain becoming more likely during the afternoon.
Norwich-based forecaster Weatherquest said Saturday is looking mostly dry but feeling fresh, with temperatures over the weekend reaching no more than around 20C.
The chance of rain increases on Saturday and Sunday afternoon despite dry starts to both days.
Sunday is expected to be a cloudy day, with cloud staying across the county on Monday before the day begins to improve. Monday is expected to be a fairly humid and the warmest day of the bank holiday with temperatures expected to rise up to 23C.
Generally conditions are set to be much milder in East Anglia than in northern parts of the country which can expect thunderstorms and even hail over the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office said we can expect a breezy Friday, with scattered showers that could turn heavy at times.
It also forecast: 'Winds easing Saturday, with sunny spells and showers,' and a 'dry, bright and warm Sunday, before rain and stronger winds spread east later.'
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 5 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 8 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 9 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires
- 10 Man dies in three-car A47 crash and another remains in life-threatening condition