Assault puts man in jail for four months
A NEIGHBOURS row over loud party music ended with Raymond Bonnett damaging and door and telling a couple to get out your lump hammer and come out and fight . Bonnett, 33, of Norwich Road, Wisbech, was upset when Anthony Cooper and Sarah-Jane Brow compla
A NEIGHBOURS' row over loud party music ended with Raymond Bonnett damaging and door and telling a couple to "get out your lump hammer and come out and fight".
Bonnett, 33, of Norwich Road, Wisbech, was upset when Anthony Cooper and Sarah-Jane Brow complained about the volume of music coming from his home.
"He and his girlfriend were having a party with some Polish people living in the same building," solicitor Roger Glazebrook told Fenland magistrates.
"He was angry about the complaint, he hit the door and made threats. There was no physical violence, but it is an assault because of the offer of force."
You may also want to watch:
Bonnett admitted two charges of assault and one of criminal damage. The court activated a three-month suspended sentence Bonnett had been given back in March, and gave him another one month sentence for the latest offences. The 36 days he spent on remand will count towards his four-month sentence.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family