Assault puts man in jail for four months
A NEIGHBOURS row over loud party music ended with Raymond Bonnett damaging and door and telling a couple to get out your lump hammer and come out and fight . Bonnett, 33, of Norwich Road, Wisbech, was upset when Anthony Cooper and Sarah-Jane Brow compla
A NEIGHBOURS' row over loud party music ended with Raymond Bonnett damaging and door and telling a couple to "get out your lump hammer and come out and fight".
Bonnett, 33, of Norwich Road, Wisbech, was upset when Anthony Cooper and Sarah-Jane Brow complained about the volume of music coming from his home.
"He and his girlfriend were having a party with some Polish people living in the same building," solicitor Roger Glazebrook told Fenland magistrates.
"He was angry about the complaint, he hit the door and made threats. There was no physical violence, but it is an assault because of the offer of force."
You may also want to watch:
Bonnett admitted two charges of assault and one of criminal damage. The court activated a three-month suspended sentence Bonnett had been given back in March, and gave him another one month sentence for the latest offences. The 36 days he spent on remand will count towards his four-month sentence.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 4 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 5 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 6 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 9 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 10 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition