As Tina takes on the challenge of a 200-year-old Fenland pub, closed for a year, we invite her top 10 reasons for dropping in
- Credit: Archant
It’s one of the hardest jobs in 21st century Britain but after taking over a 200-year-old Fen pub that had been closed for a year, Tina Crawford is determined to succeed.
But it’s its not just Tina who is giving it her best shot – barmaid Lyn rang to give her boss a boost.
“It’s very brave of her to do this,” said Lynn. “I think people should know how she’s working to make it a success.”
Tina’s challenge is the Marshland Arms at Marshland St James and already Tina is building a reputation for the pub’s home made cooking.
She said: “I was at the Blacksmiths at Elm for nine years before coming here when it sold. This had sat empty for some time.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve been in the pub trade all my life. I cook all my own dishes from scratch and am working on this being a food-led venue,” she said.
So, we asked Tina, here’s your chance to give our readers 10 reasons for paying you a visit. Her list:
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 3 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 4 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 5 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 6 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 7 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 8 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 9 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 10 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
• It is a peaceful setting in the heart of the country.
• Traditional home-cooked food with some of your favourite dishes.
• Fresh ingredients are bought from local butcher, baker, and vegetable growers.
• In the summer the pub will have an outdoor dog friendly area.
• Two real ales with regular guest ales. Currently showcasing ales from Humpty Dumpty brewery.
• During summer months there will be a tea room area with home baked cakes and scones.
• There is a separate room for corporate bookings or private family functions.
• Quiz night is on the first Tuesday of each month.
• There is regular live music. On Friday February 24 is Lloyd Moony with songs from the 60s, 70s and 80s.
• Open mic night is on the third Thursday of each month.
CONTACT: 01945 430319