Art-loving Wisbech student Diana wins top prize in photography competition
- Credit: Archant
A “creative and talented” Thomas Clarkson Academy student has won the top prize for her age in a photography competition.
Diana Rubene, 18, submitted three pieces based around the theme ‘reflection’ for the Rotary Young Photographer contest. She is now through to the district final.
Diana, who is studying art, ICT and business at the Wisbech college and plans to go to university, was awarded with a certificate and commemorative photo frame.
She said: “I am passionate about art, love to be challenged and am always ready to try new things.
“Photography is something I actually had not done before and now I have found a new way to look at art from a different point of view.”
You may also want to watch:
She added that her ideal job would be working as an international event manager, as it combines all of her passions.
“I am interested in art, photography, music, languages and sport. I really like to be a role model that younger students look up to and see that it is great to be involved in different events.
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 5 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 6 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 7 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 8 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 9 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 10 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
Teacher Sarah Loosemore said: “Diana is an amazing, independent, talented and creative student.
“She did really well in this competition, particularly as she had not tried photography before.
“It is testament to her hard work and vision that she has got this far and we wish her all the success in the next round as well.”