Art exhibition celebrates anniversary
THE 10th annual art exhibition at St Matthew s Church, Sutton Bridge, opens to the public tomorrow, with more than 300 exhibits, including paintings, wood turning and metal sculpture. The exhibition is set to be formally opened at a preview this evening b
THE 10th annual art exhibition at St Matthew's Church, Sutton Bridge, opens to the public tomorrow, with more than 300 exhibits, including paintings, wood turning and metal sculpture.
The exhibition is set to be formally opened at a preview this evening by 100-year-old Doris Barnes, who lives in Sutton Bridge and is a member of the church congregation.
The artists are both professional and amateur and a percentage of all sales will go to the church.
As in the past few years, John Hayes, MP for South Holland and the Deepings, will be showing some of his paintings, and Sutton Bridge Art Group will again be displaying members' work.
You may also want to watch:
Admission is free and the exhibition will be open from tomorrow to Thursday from 10am to 6pm, on Sunday from noon to 6pm and next Friday from 10am to 4pm.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 8 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 9 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl