Art auction to raise money for charity thanks to Wisbech sixth form student Katy
- Credit: Archant
A student has arranged an art auction for charity Children and The Arts.
Katy Landles, a sixth form student at Wisbech Grammar School, holds the event on June 23 at Wisbech Grammar from 5.30pm.
The charity supports children in disadvantaged communities and hospices, who may be missing out on creative experiences.
The auction will feature works from pupils, parents and teachers as well as local, national and internationally acclaimed artists.
Works include donations from the 2016 Sky Arts Landscape Artist of the Year Winner, Richard Allen; Charming Baker who has sold work in Christie’s and exhibited around the world as well as local artist Paul White who is currently exhibiting in Hong Kong.
You may also want to watch:
In support of Katy, the Prince’s Foundation has donated a hamper which will be auctioned on the night.
In total there are 46 works featured in the catalogue; 28 will be auctioned during the live auction and the remainder in a silent auction.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 5 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 6 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 7 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 10 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
All proceeds from the auction will be donated to Children and The Arts.
Katy said: “Organising the Charity Art Auction has only made me fall in love with the idea of being surrounded by works of art even more, each with their own story, as well as to work with the buyers and sellers from all different backgrounds, forming relationships and networking around the globe.
“Communicating with various artists local, national and international and solving obstacles as they arise has further fuelled my enthusiasm for working in the art world- I have truly caught the buzz.”
• The auction is at Wisbech Grammar School in the Skelton Hall on Friday June 23, doors open at 5.30pm with the auction commencing at 6.15pm.