Art and design students showcase work inspired by film at Light Cinema, Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Creative students at College of West Anglia teamed up with The Light Cinema, Wisbech to showcase a selection of their art – inspired by the world of films.
The exhibition focuses on 2D and 3D artwork produced as part of Inspiring Creative Futures by level three students.
Among the pieces on show, which is open until this evening, include paintings, sculptures, graphic designs, collages and model works. There’s even a shark’s head inspired by Jaws and a Velociraptor head, influenced by one student’s love of Jurassic Park.
Nuala Esfahani, a second year 3D and 2D design student, has made three paintings and one sculptural piece.
“We focus our work on movies and most of us chose our favourite ones, producers, directors or styles of films,” she said.
“I used oil paints, sculpture and collage skills to make my pieces which are influenced by the work of Quentin Tarantino.
“He’s just my favourite director – his films are so visually exciting.”
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Karen’s three-course lunch with Mayor of Wisbech
- 3 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 4 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 5 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 6 Veteran turns life around thanks to support from forces charity
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 9 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 10 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys