Art and design students showcase work inspired by film at Light Cinema, Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Creative students at College of West Anglia teamed up with The Light Cinema, Wisbech to showcase a selection of their art – inspired by the world of films.
The exhibition focuses on 2D and 3D artwork produced as part of Inspiring Creative Futures by level three students.
Among the pieces on show, which is open until this evening, include paintings, sculptures, graphic designs, collages and model works. There’s even a shark’s head inspired by Jaws and a Velociraptor head, influenced by one student’s love of Jurassic Park.
Nuala Esfahani, a second year 3D and 2D design student, has made three paintings and one sculptural piece.
“We focus our work on movies and most of us chose our favourite ones, producers, directors or styles of films,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“I used oil paints, sculpture and collage skills to make my pieces which are influenced by the work of Quentin Tarantino.
“He’s just my favourite director – his films are so visually exciting.”
- 1 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 2 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 5 Share your views on our newspaper via reader survey
- 6 Woman ‘drink driver’ arrested for having no licence or insurance
- 7 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 8 WATCH: Air ambulances can't land after hospital helipad wrecked by US aircraft
- 9 Man who died in road crash is named
- 10 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream