Arsonists set fire to derelict bungalow in Lord’s Lane, Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Arsonists set fire to a derelict bungalow in Lord’s Lane, Wisbech on Thursday evening (June 15).
“Crews from Wisbech and March, and one from Norfolk, attended a fire in a boarded up property in Lord’s Lane at around 5.09pm,” said a spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire & Service spokesman.
“Firefighters used a jet and a hose reel to extinguish the fire at the bungalow before returning to their stations by 9pm.
“The cause of the fire was deliberate.
“Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”
You may also want to watch:
It comes after fire crews were called to an alleged arson attack on a derelict building at the old College of West Anglia site on Meadowgate Lane in Wisbech in May.
Firefighters were forced to remove part of the building’s ceiling after the fire spread to its roof.
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 7 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 8 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 9 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said of the incident: “The cause of the fire was deliberate.”