Arsonists set fire to derelict bungalow in Lord’s Lane, Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Arsonists set fire to a derelict bungalow in Lord’s Lane, Wisbech on Thursday evening (June 15).
“Crews from Wisbech and March, and one from Norfolk, attended a fire in a boarded up property in Lord’s Lane at around 5.09pm,” said a spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire & Service spokesman.
“Firefighters used a jet and a hose reel to extinguish the fire at the bungalow before returning to their stations by 9pm.
“The cause of the fire was deliberate.
“Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”
You may also want to watch:
It comes after fire crews were called to an alleged arson attack on a derelict building at the old College of West Anglia site on Meadowgate Lane in Wisbech in May.
Firefighters were forced to remove part of the building’s ceiling after the fire spread to its roof.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said of the incident: “The cause of the fire was deliberate.”