Arsonists set fire to derelict bungalow in Lord’s Lane, Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Arsonists set fire to a derelict bungalow in Lord’s Lane, Wisbech on Thursday evening (June 15).
“Crews from Wisbech and March, and one from Norfolk, attended a fire in a boarded up property in Lord’s Lane at around 5.09pm,” said a spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire & Service spokesman.
“Firefighters used a jet and a hose reel to extinguish the fire at the bungalow before returning to their stations by 9pm.
“The cause of the fire was deliberate.
“Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”
You may also want to watch:
It comes after fire crews were called to an alleged arson attack on a derelict building at the old College of West Anglia site on Meadowgate Lane in Wisbech in May.
Firefighters were forced to remove part of the building’s ceiling after the fire spread to its roof.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Man found dead in March
A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said of the incident: “The cause of the fire was deliberate.”