Arsonists set fire to car in field on B1165 Newton
- Credit: Archant
Arsonists set fire to a car in a field on the B1165 Newton last night.
One Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue crew from Wisbech was called to the blaze at 10.54pm.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to extinguish the fire and returned to their station by 00.20am.
“The cause of the fire was deliberate,” said a Cambs Fire spokesman.”
Fenland Police wrote on Twitter: “Officers along with @BCHPoliceDogs attended car fire last night in #newton @cambsfrs @cfrs_wisbech attended scene, enquiries ongoing.”
You may also want to watch:
The incident comes three days after arsonists set fire to a tyre in a garden in Tavistock Road, Wisbech which led to a man being taken to hospital.
Firefighters used a hose reel to extinguish the fire at 4.25am on Sunday June 11. The crew returned to their station by 4.42am.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 3 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 4 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 5 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 8 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 9 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 10 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
Anyone with information about either incident should contact police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.