Arsonists set fire to car in field on B1165 Newton
- Credit: Archant
Arsonists set fire to a car in a field on the B1165 Newton last night.
One Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue crew from Wisbech was called to the blaze at 10.54pm.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to extinguish the fire and returned to their station by 00.20am.
“The cause of the fire was deliberate,” said a Cambs Fire spokesman.”
Fenland Police wrote on Twitter: “Officers along with @BCHPoliceDogs attended car fire last night in #newton @cambsfrs @cfrs_wisbech attended scene, enquiries ongoing.”
You may also want to watch:
The incident comes three days after arsonists set fire to a tyre in a garden in Tavistock Road, Wisbech which led to a man being taken to hospital.
Firefighters used a hose reel to extinguish the fire at 4.25am on Sunday June 11. The crew returned to their station by 4.42am.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
Anyone with information about either incident should contact police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.