Arsonists set fire to car in field on B1165 Newton
- Credit: Archant
Arsonists set fire to a car in a field on the B1165 Newton last night.
One Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue crew from Wisbech was called to the blaze at 10.54pm.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to extinguish the fire and returned to their station by 00.20am.
“The cause of the fire was deliberate,” said a Cambs Fire spokesman.”
Fenland Police wrote on Twitter: “Officers along with @BCHPoliceDogs attended car fire last night in #newton @cambsfrs @cfrs_wisbech attended scene, enquiries ongoing.”
The incident comes three days after arsonists set fire to a tyre in a garden in Tavistock Road, Wisbech which led to a man being taken to hospital.
Firefighters used a hose reel to extinguish the fire at 4.25am on Sunday June 11. The crew returned to their station by 4.42am.
- 1 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 2 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 3 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 4 Farm shop's green light for outdoor seating and play area
- 5 Partygoer who claimed ADHD caused him to kill jailed for life
- 6 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 9 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
- 10 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
Anyone with information about either incident should contact police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.