Arsonists set fire to car in field on B1165 Newton
- Credit: Archant
Arsonists set fire to a car in a field on the B1165 Newton last night.
One Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue crew from Wisbech was called to the blaze at 10.54pm.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to extinguish the fire and returned to their station by 00.20am.
“The cause of the fire was deliberate,” said a Cambs Fire spokesman.”
Fenland Police wrote on Twitter: “Officers along with @BCHPoliceDogs attended car fire last night in #newton @cambsfrs @cfrs_wisbech attended scene, enquiries ongoing.”
You may also want to watch:
The incident comes three days after arsonists set fire to a tyre in a garden in Tavistock Road, Wisbech which led to a man being taken to hospital.
Firefighters used a hose reel to extinguish the fire at 4.25am on Sunday June 11. The crew returned to their station by 4.42am.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
Anyone with information about either incident should contact police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.