Arson-hit Three Holes Village Hall to be reopened by MP Liz Truss
A FENLAND village hall hit by an arson attack will be reopened by SW Norfolk MP Liz Truss.
The hall at Three Holes, near Wisbech, was badly damaged earlier this year.
A break-in and fire in April meant the hall was left unusable and a major repair project was carried out.
Many regular events had to be temporarily relocated to other venues in the area while work was carried out to repair the damage.
But the updated hall is due to be officially opened on Saturday, November 26 by Ms Truss.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a party atmosphere for the reopening and residents are being asked to take part. The committee would like any photographs or accounts of activities in the hall to use in a display.
The hall opened in 1952 and organisers hope many people will still have pictures from celebrations, including birthday parties and weddings.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 6 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 10 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
There are also plans for a children’s competition and they are being invited to submit drawings or paintings to mark the re-opening.
The winning entries will be part of a permanent display in the hall while all entries will be kept in a village scrapbook.
The hall will be officially handed-over to the committee on November 17. A music and dance evening is planned for November 19 from 8pm.
For details of the re-opening or the children’s competition, contact 01945 772236 or 01945 773418.