A number of arrests made as part of day of action against burglaries
- Credit: Archant
Seven people have been arrested in connection with burglary offences.
Two men, aged 19 and 48, and a woman aged 47, all from the Wisbech area, were arrested on Thursday, September 26 in Murrow.
Fenland Police said the 19-year-old was arrested on suspicion of burglary and failing to appear in court and the elder two were arrested on suspicion of distraction burglary.
All three were taken to Thorpe Wood Police Station in Peterborough,
A Cambs Police spokesman said one arrest was a carried out by Thames Valley Police.
The arrests were made as part of the police’s day of action against burglaries, in which they arrested and interviewed 12 people in total.
On Twitter, they said the arrests were made while various activity was taking place to improve residents’ home security, and revealed more burglaries took place in October than any other month last year in Cambridgeshire.
- 1 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 4 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Care at Home – because home (truly) is where the heart is…
- 7 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 8 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 9 Sex offender case adjourned due to judge's concerns
- 10 Whistleblower shares story of bullying, fatigue and 'dangerous' hours at ambulance service
Cambs Police said tackling burglary is one of their main priorities “because we understand it can happen to anyone and often leaves a long lasting impact on victims.”