A number of arrests made as part of day of action against burglaries
- Credit: Archant
Seven people have been arrested in connection with burglary offences.
Two men, aged 19 and 48, and a woman aged 47, all from the Wisbech area, were arrested on Thursday, September 26 in Murrow.
Fenland Police said the 19-year-old was arrested on suspicion of burglary and failing to appear in court and the elder two were arrested on suspicion of distraction burglary.
All three were taken to Thorpe Wood Police Station in Peterborough,
A Cambs Police spokesman said one arrest was a carried out by Thames Valley Police.
You may also want to watch:
The arrests were made as part of the police’s day of action against burglaries, in which they arrested and interviewed 12 people in total.
On Twitter, they said the arrests were made while various activity was taking place to improve residents’ home security, and revealed more burglaries took place in October than any other month last year in Cambridgeshire.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 9 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
Cambs Police said tackling burglary is one of their main priorities “because we understand it can happen to anyone and often leaves a long lasting impact on victims.”