A number of arrests made as part of day of action against burglaries
- Credit: Archant
Seven people have been arrested in connection with burglary offences.
Two men, aged 19 and 48, and a woman aged 47, all from the Wisbech area, were arrested on Thursday, September 26 in Murrow.
Fenland Police said the 19-year-old was arrested on suspicion of burglary and failing to appear in court and the elder two were arrested on suspicion of distraction burglary.
All three were taken to Thorpe Wood Police Station in Peterborough,
A Cambs Police spokesman said one arrest was a carried out by Thames Valley Police.
You may also want to watch:
The arrests were made as part of the police’s day of action against burglaries, in which they arrested and interviewed 12 people in total.
On Twitter, they said the arrests were made while various activity was taking place to improve residents’ home security, and revealed more burglaries took place in October than any other month last year in Cambridgeshire.
- 1 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 2 Councillor wants flats plan binned
- 3 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 4 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 5 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 6 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 7 Man, 21, with 15,000 indecent images and videos plus 'paedophile manual' spared jail
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Spat at police officer tests positive for Covid-19
- 10 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
Cambs Police said tackling burglary is one of their main priorities “because we understand it can happen to anyone and often leaves a long lasting impact on victims.”