Cars seized and two arrested in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Police seized cars in Wisbech and arrested two men on suspicion of theft this weekend.
The first vehicle failed to stop for officers on the Lynn Road at around 3.30am yesterday morning (June 2).
Two men were then arrested on suspicion of theft of the Silver Ford Focus and failing to provide a sample of breath.
The vehicle was seized.
In a separate incident, police patrolling Cross Drove in Gorefield last night (June 2) seized a Black Ford Focus for having no insurance,
You may also want to watch:
The driver was reported for the offence.
It was revealed earlier this year that Cambridgeshire Police are seizing almost six cars a day - and some are being crushed.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
In 2017 officers seized a total of 2,085 vehicles because the driver had no insurance or no licence.
Of those seized 125 were BMWs and 73 Audis.