Cars seized and two arrested in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Police seized cars in Wisbech and arrested two men on suspicion of theft this weekend.
The first vehicle failed to stop for officers on the Lynn Road at around 3.30am yesterday morning (June 2).
Two men were then arrested on suspicion of theft of the Silver Ford Focus and failing to provide a sample of breath.
The vehicle was seized.
In a separate incident, police patrolling Cross Drove in Gorefield last night (June 2) seized a Black Ford Focus for having no insurance,
You may also want to watch:
The driver was reported for the offence.
It was revealed earlier this year that Cambridgeshire Police are seizing almost six cars a day - and some are being crushed.
- 1 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 2 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 5 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 6 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 7 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 8 Free public transport app launched to help Cambs passengers
- 9 RAF Lakenheath fly-over in memory of US airman Kenneth ‘Kage’ Allen
In 2017 officers seized a total of 2,085 vehicles because the driver had no insurance or no licence.
Of those seized 125 were BMWs and 73 Audis.