Driver arrested for drug driving in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A motorist was arrested for drug driving and no insurance after he was stopped by police in Wisbech.
The incident took place on Friday (January 11) at 11pm when officers stopped the vehicle on Barton Road.
The driver failed a road side drug wipe for cannabis.
Police say the offender also did not have the “correct insurance for what they were doing”.
A spokesperson said: “The driver was arrested and taken to the PIC at Kings Lynn. The vehicle was seized under section 165. Enquires continue.”
You may also want to watch:
The police can stop any drivers and make them do a ‘field impairment assessment’ if they think someone is on drugs.
A series of tests can take place such as asking the person to walk in a straight line.
- 1 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 5 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 6 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 7 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 8 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 9 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
They can also use a roadside drug kit to screen for cannabis and cocaine.
The driver could be charged with a crime if the test shows drugs have been taken.