Driver arrested for drug driving in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A motorist was arrested for drug driving and no insurance after he was stopped by police in Wisbech.
The incident took place on Friday (January 11) at 11pm when officers stopped the vehicle on Barton Road.
The driver failed a road side drug wipe for cannabis.
Police say the offender also did not have the “correct insurance for what they were doing”.
A spokesperson said: “The driver was arrested and taken to the PIC at Kings Lynn. The vehicle was seized under section 165. Enquires continue.”
You may also want to watch:
The police can stop any drivers and make them do a ‘field impairment assessment’ if they think someone is on drugs.
A series of tests can take place such as asking the person to walk in a straight line.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 3 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 6 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 7 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
They can also use a roadside drug kit to screen for cannabis and cocaine.
The driver could be charged with a crime if the test shows drugs have been taken.