Armoured vehicles will roll into Wisbech Market Place in forces salute
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Market Place will rumble to the arrival of armoured vehicles as part of this year’s annual Armed Forces Day event, which takes place on Sunday June 19 from 10am until 2pm.
Wisbech Armed Forces Day celebrations, which is staged as a salute to service veterans as well as serving members and their families, is organised on behalf of Wisbech Town Council and supported by the Ministry of Defence.
The event opens at 10am with a flag-raising ceremony and stalls in the Market Place from local branches of ex-service organisations, service charities, local cadet groups, Fenland Aviation Museum and raptors from the Norfolk Owls Sanctuary.
Amongst the vehicles on display will be veteran fire engine Vivian. There will also be rides from the Showman’s Guild and musical entertainment will be provided throughout the day by Whittlesey Wind Ensemble, students of Thomas Clarkson Academy and members of WAODS will sing at the event for the first time.
At 2pm members of local service cadet corps will march past assembled service veterans and current serving members of the armed forces to pay tribute to their service.
You may also want to watch:
The day will end with a thanksgiving service and sunset ceremony.
For further information on the event or participation contact Ray or Jan Hutchinson on 01945 584595.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Loved by royalty, Wisbech museum gets life saving £616,000 grant
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 5 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 6 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 7 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 8 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 9 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 10 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign