Armoured vehicles will roll into Wisbech Market Place in forces salute
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Market Place will rumble to the arrival of armoured vehicles as part of this year’s annual Armed Forces Day event, which takes place on Sunday June 19 from 10am until 2pm.
Wisbech Armed Forces Day celebrations, which is staged as a salute to service veterans as well as serving members and their families, is organised on behalf of Wisbech Town Council and supported by the Ministry of Defence.
The event opens at 10am with a flag-raising ceremony and stalls in the Market Place from local branches of ex-service organisations, service charities, local cadet groups, Fenland Aviation Museum and raptors from the Norfolk Owls Sanctuary.
Amongst the vehicles on display will be veteran fire engine Vivian. There will also be rides from the Showman’s Guild and musical entertainment will be provided throughout the day by Whittlesey Wind Ensemble, students of Thomas Clarkson Academy and members of WAODS will sing at the event for the first time.
At 2pm members of local service cadet corps will march past assembled service veterans and current serving members of the armed forces to pay tribute to their service.
You may also want to watch:
The day will end with a thanksgiving service and sunset ceremony.
For further information on the event or participation contact Ray or Jan Hutchinson on 01945 584595.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Watches and electric display box stolen in village burglary
- 6 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets