Armed robbery in Wisbech
A MAN armed with a handgun stole an undisclosed amount of cash after a raid on a Wisbech bookies last night (Monday). The raider entered the Church Terrace shop belonging to Ladbroke s at around 6.30pm and threatened two members of staff who were just clo
A MAN armed with a handgun stole an undisclosed amount of cash after a raid on a Wisbech bookies last night (Monday).
The raider entered the Church Terrace shop belonging to Ladbroke's at around 6.30pm and threatened two members of staff who were just closing up for the day.
The robber is said to be about 6ft 2 ins and was wearing dark blue jeans, a dark scarf, glasses and a fisherman's hat.
An appeal for information has been launched today by detectives hunting the armed raider.
You may also want to watch:
Ladbrokes is the world's leading retail bookmaker with 2,583 high street betting shops and betting shops at 47 football clubs and 11 horseracing tracks.
Ladbrokes takes over 350 million bets a year in its UK shops. As well as betting shops in the UK, Jersey, Ireland and Belgium, Ladbrokes has previously held betting and or gaming licences in 15 countries across 3 continents
- 1 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 2 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 5 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 6 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 7 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 8 Free public transport app launched to help Cambs passengers
- 9 RAF Lakenheath fly-over in memory of US airman Kenneth ‘Kage’ Allen