Armed Forces Day in honour of servicemen and women
- Credit: Archant
Current and former service personnel will be saluted in Wisbech later this month as part of Armed Forces Day.
The event will honour serving members and their families, along with service veterans, on the town's Market Place on Sunday, June 23, with various military organisations taking part.
A flag-raising ceremony will open the event at 10am, with stalls ran by those such as the Fenland Aviation Museum being open to display vehicles like veteran fire engine 'Vivian'.
Other attractions include children's rides, whilst musical entertainment will be provided by the Whittlesey Wind Ensemble and the Wisbech Amateur Operatic and Dramatic Society.
An afternoon parade featuring the Uniformed Service Cadet Corps will march past service veterans and serving members from 2pm, followed by a short Thanksgiving service and sunset ceremony.
You may also want to watch:
For further information on the event or to participate, please contact Ray or Jan Hutchinson on 01945 584595.
- 1 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 2 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 8 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 9 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'