Are you a cake maker, pianist or otherwise talented person? Peckover House needs you!
- Credit: Archant
Peckover House is on the look out for volunteers ahead of their new season, which starts later this month.
“Are there any pianists, cake makers or otherwise talented folk out there who’d like to join the happy team of volunteers at the National Trust’s Peckover House?” ask organisers.
“The new season starts on Saturday February 27 and a few more people are needed to add to the large group of volunteers working in the house and garden. “Among the personnel needed are cake makers, garden stewards, room stewards, raffle ticket sellers, plant trolley volunteers and pianists.”
Property secretary Paula Arnold said: “We are a happy group at Peckover and enjoy a good working atmosphere in our beautiful historical house.
“Greeting visitors and helping in the house and garden can be both interesting and fulfilling, and so that we can all get together and meet new people, there are regular social events for volunteers throughout the year.
You may also want to watch:
“Whatever your talents, if you think you can help and have a few hours a week to spare, Peckover would love to hear from you,” she added.
For more information call Paula Arnold on 01945 583 463.
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 A fiver for a photographic tour of historic Wisbech
- 3 Table tennis club 'bitterly disappointed' to be told to move
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 Flytippers target same Fenland road two days in a row
- 6 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- 7 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 8 Cafe to shut for good after eight years
- 9 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 10 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’