Architectural model of Peckover House on display in house’s Museum Room
- Credit: Archant
Visitors to the National Trust’s Peckover House this season will be greeted by an impressive new exhibit - a large architectural model of Peckover.
Created by Tim and Angela Hartnall, of Anglia Dolls’ Houses, it can be found in the Museum Room on the first floor.
“The model is something that staff and volunteers at Peckover have wanted for some time, something which could be shared with visitors to show the architectural details which make Peckover special,” said general manager Teresa Squires.
“It has been so accurately made that, when peering into a room it’s easy to forget its size and believe you are looking at the real house.”
The quality of the doll’s house is “second to none,” added Teresa.
You may also want to watch:
“They were an absolute delight to work with and worked tirelessly to make sure every detail and measurement was just right.”
Tim and Angela said: “We thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of working on the project.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 3 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 6 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 7 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
“It was quite a challenge. The walls of Peckover are of varying thicknesses, for example, and the door cases and stairs all involved a lot of work to ensure a good likeness.
“Staircases are always an important and challenging part of any project and the main staircase is very visible in this house.”
“The model shows the main ‘cube’ of this lovely Georgian town house, from a time before either of the side extensions was added. “Anyone who loves models and anyone who enjoys looking at very special dolls’ houses will be delighted with this new exhibit.”
The architectural model will be on display throughout the season at Peckover House.
For full details of opening times call 01945 583463 or visit www.nationaltrust.org.uk/peckover