Archangel’ in court on police assault charge
A MAN who claims to be the Archangel Michael has been charged with assaulting police officer Charles Ronnay in Wisbech on June 6. Named David Edmonds on the court papers, but telling magistrates his name had been changed to Michael Israel, the defendant r
A MAN who claims to be the Archangel Michael has been charged with assaulting police officer Charles Ronnay in Wisbech on June 6.
Named David Edmonds on the court papers, but telling magistrates his name had been changed to Michael Israel, the defendant refused to enter a plea to the allegation.
"I do not need to plea to Queen Elizabeth, as I am Archangel Michael," he told Fenland magistrates on Wednesday. "She will hear me with equity or not hear me at all."
According to the court list, the defendant was 43 years old but he disputed his date of birth, saying he was "born again" so had a new birthday in January 1991. He said he no longer lived at the address in Terrington St Clement that was on the court file, and gave a new address at New Flats, Church Terrace, Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
The court entered a not guilty plea on his behalf, and adjourned the case until August 16, when the date of his trial is due to be set.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online