Appeal for witnesses after assault on woman in Wisbech Park
A WOMAN was assaulted and officers are appealing for witnesses to come forward.The incident took place on Monday, (October 12) at 11.40pm in The Park, Wisbech.The 19-year-old victim was stood alone when a man approached and grabbed her. She freed hersel
A WOMAN was assaulted and officers are appealing for witnesses to come forward.
The incident took place on Monday, (October 12) at 11.40pm in The Park, Wisbech.
The 19-year-old victim was stood alone when a man approached and grabbed her. She freed herself and ran towards Park Road where she raised the alarm.
The man was white but slightly tanned with short dark hair. He was in his late 20s to early 30s and wore a padded jacket with a 1cm squared or checked pattern. He also wore a ring on his left hand.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Sergeant Matt Swash said: "I would like to speak to anyone who can recall seeing a woman running from the park at around this time on Monday.
"I would also like to speak to anyone who can recall seeing a man walking into or out of the park.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
"Residents should take sensible precautions and avoid walking alone late at night through poorly lit areas. Where possible walk with a friend and stick to the lit paths."
Anyone with information is asked to contact DS Swash at Wisbech Police Station on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.