Apology issued to Wisbech over Britain in Bloom error
THE organisers of Britain in Bloom have issued an apology for incorrectly stating that Wisbech has won a Gold award. The Royal Horticultural Society made the error in a press release sent out this week. Wisbech actually won a Silver Gilt medal and beat t
THE organisers of Britain in Bloom have issued an apology for incorrectly stating that Wisbech has won a Gold award.
The Royal Horticultural Society made the error in a press release sent out this week.
Wisbech actually won a Silver Gilt medal and beat the likes of Bedford, Chester and Kendal to claim the title of Best in Category for a Large Town/ Small City.
Eulina Clairmont, from the Royal Horticultural Society, said: "I would like to take this opportunity to apologies to the town of Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
"In a recent communication we stated that Wisbech had been awarded a Gold medal in the national Britain in Bloom finals. This was an administration error on our part, for which we are sorry.
"We strongly believe this error should not detract from the fantastic achievement of the town and we would like to thank all those involved for taking the time and effort to participate in this horticultural campaign."
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 6 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 7 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 10 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
Wisbech scooped gold in Anglia in Bloom last week.