Apology issued to Wisbech over Britain in Bloom error
THE organisers of Britain in Bloom have issued an apology for incorrectly stating that Wisbech has won a Gold award. The Royal Horticultural Society made the error in a press release sent out this week. Wisbech actually won a Silver Gilt medal and beat t
THE organisers of Britain in Bloom have issued an apology for incorrectly stating that Wisbech has won a Gold award.
The Royal Horticultural Society made the error in a press release sent out this week.
Wisbech actually won a Silver Gilt medal and beat the likes of Bedford, Chester and Kendal to claim the title of Best in Category for a Large Town/ Small City.
Eulina Clairmont, from the Royal Horticultural Society, said: "I would like to take this opportunity to apologies to the town of Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
"In a recent communication we stated that Wisbech had been awarded a Gold medal in the national Britain in Bloom finals. This was an administration error on our part, for which we are sorry.
"We strongly believe this error should not detract from the fantastic achievement of the town and we would like to thank all those involved for taking the time and effort to participate in this horticultural campaign."
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
Wisbech scooped gold in Anglia in Bloom last week.