Wisbech surgery promotes antibiotic awareness campaign
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a Wisbech doctor’s surgery wore t-shirts highlighting the importance of problems from antibiotic resistance.
The North Brink Practice nurses, doctors and admin staff were on hand to speak to patients and offer advice while wearing their 'fight the resistance' shirts.
It comes as medics say the use of antibiotics over the last decade has led to the increase of bacteria resistant to antibiotics.
It has become a worldwide problem, which is claimed to be down to the use of antibiotics inappropriately.
If not tackled, it will lead to strains of bacteria that are resistant to antibiotics; so simple bacterial infections such as wound infections may not be able to be treated.
You may also want to watch:
North Brink dispensary manager, Sadie Ayto, said: "The campaign seemed to have an effect with a reduction of antibiotics being prescribed."
The campaign took place during World Antibiotics Awareness Week.
- 1 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 2 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller
- 4 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 5 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 6 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 7 Runners caught in their 'runderwear' for Three Counties
- 8 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka
- 9 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 10 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’