Wisbech surgery promotes antibiotic awareness campaign
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a Wisbech doctor’s surgery wore t-shirts highlighting the importance of problems from antibiotic resistance.
The North Brink Practice nurses, doctors and admin staff were on hand to speak to patients and offer advice while wearing their 'fight the resistance' shirts.
It comes as medics say the use of antibiotics over the last decade has led to the increase of bacteria resistant to antibiotics.
It has become a worldwide problem, which is claimed to be down to the use of antibiotics inappropriately.
If not tackled, it will lead to strains of bacteria that are resistant to antibiotics; so simple bacterial infections such as wound infections may not be able to be treated.
You may also want to watch:
North Brink dispensary manager, Sadie Ayto, said: "The campaign seemed to have an effect with a reduction of antibiotics being prescribed."
The campaign took place during World Antibiotics Awareness Week.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online