Ant and Dec, Rowan Atkinson and Manchester United donate items for Meadowgate School’s grand auction
- Credit: Archant
A special school in Wisbech has enlisted the help of a handful of celebrity A-listers in an attempt to raise thousands of pounds for its pupils.
Meadowgate School is planning on holding a big summer auction to raise funds for activities and support for its pupils and has received support from celebrities such as Ant and Dec, Rowan Atkinson and Lorraine Kelly.
The television presenting duo have donated a signed copy of their latest book, Mr Bean actor Atkinson has donated signed memorabilia and daytime TV host Kelly has she will lend a hand – and may even make an appearance at the school.
The event is being organised by teacher Caroline Rae, who says that the school is the “perfect place to work at.”
She said: “These young people are amazing and deal with a lot in their lives. Meadowgate supports them and their families with such determination to give them the chance to achieve their dreams with the best opportunities that they may not find anywhere else.
“I have worked my whole life to be at Meadowgate and work alongside these amazing children and the wonderful staff who make it the place it is today.
“We’ve had great support from a lot of celebrities and even sports clubs – Manchester United have donated a signed pennant for us to auction off.”
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Karen’s three-course lunch with Mayor of Wisbech
- 3 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 4 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 5 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 6 Veteran turns life around thanks to support from forces charity
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 9 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 10 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
A date for the auction is yet to be confirmed, but Caroline is hopeful that it will take place during the school’s summer term.
“I’m hoping that the event will be held at the school,” she said.
“We can have up to 300 people here but if it gets any bigger then we may have to relocate!”
For more information, or to donate, contact Caroline on CRae@meadowgate.cambs.sch.uk or call 01945 461836.