‘There’s too many’: Another drink driver arrested in Fens as police stop motorist on A47
- Credit: Archant
A drink driver was arrested at the roadside on the A47 in the Fens after concerns were reported about their driving.
Police were called at around 9pm on Friday, September 4 to the A47 bypass at Wisbech following reports of dangerous driving in the area.
Officers swooped on the driver before they failed a roadside breath test, blowing 95 when the legal limit is 35.
A police spokesperson said: “On Friday, September 4 at 21:07 hours officers stopped a vehicle on the A47 Wisbech by pass after concern was raised about the driving.
“The driver failed a roadside breath test by blowing 95 (limit 35) the driver was arrested and taken to the Police Investigation Centre at King’s Lynn.
You may also want to watch:
“The driver this morning has been charged to court for drink driving.”
One resident said: “There’s too many people driving about the roads either under the influence of drink or drugs, or both, recently.
- 1 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 2 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 5 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 6 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 7 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
“With especially the poor family devastated by the loss of the parents and orphaned two children, these charges should be much tougher.”