‘There’s too many’: Another drink driver arrested in Fens as police stop motorist on A47
- Credit: Archant
A drink driver was arrested at the roadside on the A47 in the Fens after concerns were reported about their driving.
Police were called at around 9pm on Friday, September 4 to the A47 bypass at Wisbech following reports of dangerous driving in the area.
Officers swooped on the driver before they failed a roadside breath test, blowing 95 when the legal limit is 35.
A police spokesperson said: “On Friday, September 4 at 21:07 hours officers stopped a vehicle on the A47 Wisbech by pass after concern was raised about the driving.
“The driver failed a roadside breath test by blowing 95 (limit 35) the driver was arrested and taken to the Police Investigation Centre at King’s Lynn.
You may also want to watch:
“The driver this morning has been charged to court for drink driving.”
One resident said: “There’s too many people driving about the roads either under the influence of drink or drugs, or both, recently.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 6 Council tax frozen after eventful but non event year
- 7 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
“With especially the poor family devastated by the loss of the parents and orphaned two children, these charges should be much tougher.”