‘There’s too many’: Another drink driver arrested in Fens as police stop motorist on A47
- Credit: Archant
A drink driver was arrested at the roadside on the A47 in the Fens after concerns were reported about their driving.
Police were called at around 9pm on Friday, September 4 to the A47 bypass at Wisbech following reports of dangerous driving in the area.
Officers swooped on the driver before they failed a roadside breath test, blowing 95 when the legal limit is 35.
A police spokesperson said: “On Friday, September 4 at 21:07 hours officers stopped a vehicle on the A47 Wisbech by pass after concern was raised about the driving.
“The driver failed a roadside breath test by blowing 95 (limit 35) the driver was arrested and taken to the Police Investigation Centre at King’s Lynn.
You may also want to watch:
“The driver this morning has been charged to court for drink driving.”
One resident said: “There’s too many people driving about the roads either under the influence of drink or drugs, or both, recently.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
“With especially the poor family devastated by the loss of the parents and orphaned two children, these charges should be much tougher.”