Anonymous donation buys Meadowgate Academy Sixth Form students brand new bikes
- Credit: Archant
Sixth Form students at the Meadowgate Academy in Wisbech want to thank an ‘anonymous source’ for donating enough money to buy nine new bicycles and helmets.
The Police Cadets have also stepped in and provided the students with bicycle locks to keep them secure.
Emma Bird, Sixth Form co-ordinator, said: “Thanks to the generosity of Discount Cycles in Wisbech, we are now the proud owners of nine new bikes and helmets.
Meadowgate Academy is a school for children with additional needs aged two to 19.
Emma added: “The bikes will help the young people become more independent and learn some hands-on skills about bike maintenance, road safety and personal responsibility.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you to Anne Hancock for organising the process for the Sixth Form who will benefit from these bikes for many years to come.”
The students are trying to find out who the mystery source was and would like say ‘Thank you’.
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 4 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 5 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 6 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 7 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 8 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka