Anonymous donation buys Meadowgate Academy Sixth Form students brand new bikes
- Credit: Archant
Sixth Form students at the Meadowgate Academy in Wisbech want to thank an ‘anonymous source’ for donating enough money to buy nine new bicycles and helmets.
The Police Cadets have also stepped in and provided the students with bicycle locks to keep them secure.
Emma Bird, Sixth Form co-ordinator, said: “Thanks to the generosity of Discount Cycles in Wisbech, we are now the proud owners of nine new bikes and helmets.
Meadowgate Academy is a school for children with additional needs aged two to 19.
Emma added: “The bikes will help the young people become more independent and learn some hands-on skills about bike maintenance, road safety and personal responsibility.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you to Anne Hancock for organising the process for the Sixth Form who will benefit from these bikes for many years to come.”
The students are trying to find out who the mystery source was and would like say ‘Thank you’.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 5 Showcase status for Academy
- 6 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 7 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 8 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash