Anonymous donation buys Meadowgate Academy Sixth Form students brand new bikes
- Credit: Archant
Sixth Form students at the Meadowgate Academy in Wisbech want to thank an ‘anonymous source’ for donating enough money to buy nine new bicycles and helmets.
The Police Cadets have also stepped in and provided the students with bicycle locks to keep them secure.
Emma Bird, Sixth Form co-ordinator, said: “Thanks to the generosity of Discount Cycles in Wisbech, we are now the proud owners of nine new bikes and helmets.
Meadowgate Academy is a school for children with additional needs aged two to 19.
Emma added: “The bikes will help the young people become more independent and learn some hands-on skills about bike maintenance, road safety and personal responsibility.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you to Anne Hancock for organising the process for the Sixth Form who will benefit from these bikes for many years to come.”
The students are trying to find out who the mystery source was and would like say ‘Thank you’.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide