Did you see lots of Santas running through Wisbech Park this Christmas? Wisbech holds annual Festive Santa Run
- Credit: Archant
A clear but chilly Saturday (December 23) marked the day of Wisbech’s annual Santa Run hosted by the Three Counties Running Club (TCRC).
There were over 40 people of all ages dressed as Santa for the free 1k race – over 100 registered runners took part in the main 5k that followed.
Jodie Clark, race director, said: “It was lovely to see so many people taking part especially so close to Christmas and all getting into the festive spirit in their fancy dress costumes.
“I would like to thank everyone who turned up to support this event and also a big thank you to TCRC for helping make the event such a success for the second year running.”
During the event, supporters had plenty to do, there were attractions, food stalls, face painting and the TCRC held a raffle and other various fund raising activities, raising over £300.
You may also want to watch:
The money raised will be combined with other TCRC fund raisers and will be used to buy a portable defibrillator for the club.
This money will be going towards the money raised in the club raffle which made a grand total of £255 and this is all going towards buying a portable defibrillator.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in