Did you see lots of Santas running through Wisbech Park this Christmas? Wisbech holds annual Festive Santa Run
- Credit: Archant
A clear but chilly Saturday (December 23) marked the day of Wisbech’s annual Santa Run hosted by the Three Counties Running Club (TCRC).
There were over 40 people of all ages dressed as Santa for the free 1k race – over 100 registered runners took part in the main 5k that followed.
Jodie Clark, race director, said: “It was lovely to see so many people taking part especially so close to Christmas and all getting into the festive spirit in their fancy dress costumes.
“I would like to thank everyone who turned up to support this event and also a big thank you to TCRC for helping make the event such a success for the second year running.”
During the event, supporters had plenty to do, there were attractions, food stalls, face painting and the TCRC held a raffle and other various fund raising activities, raising over £300.
You may also want to watch:
The money raised will be combined with other TCRC fund raisers and will be used to buy a portable defibrillator for the club.
This money will be going towards the money raised in the club raffle which made a grand total of £255 and this is all going towards buying a portable defibrillator.
- 1 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 4 Shotgun, fake cash and cannabis found at suspected dealer’s home
- 5 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 6 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 7 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 8 Urgent repairs at Wisbech Museum due to start
- 9 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 10 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car