Angry ex-lover in late night attack
FURIOUS James Summers grabbed a Samurai sword after he broke into his former partner s bedroom and found her lying on the bed with another man. He then went outside, picked up a paving slab, and systematically smashed the windows of the man s Toyota car,
FURIOUS James Summers grabbed a Samurai sword after he broke into his former partner's bedroom and found her lying on the bed with another man.
He then went outside, picked up a paving slab, and systematically smashed the windows of the man's Toyota car, magistrates heard this week.
Appearing at Fenland Magistrates' Court on Tuesday, 28-year-old Summers admitted causing £1,400 worth of damage to John Britchford's car.
Prosecuting, Andrew Williams said Summers and his former partner Nadine Burton had previously lived with Mr Britchford in Lime Avenue, Wisbech.
The couple split up amicably four weeks ago. On October 1 Ms Burton and Mr Britchford were on the bed to watch a DVD.
Ms Burton was awakened at 12.45am by someone shouting and swearing, and discovered Summers had climbed into her bedroom through the window. After words were exchanged he grabbed the sword, which he had previously left in the property, and then went outside and smashed the car windows.
- 1 Town road to remain closed following serious crash
- 2 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 3 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 4 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 5 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 8 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 9 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 10 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
"There is no suggestion that he threatened or used the sword in any way," he said.
Mitigating, Roger Glazebrook said Summers and Ms Burton had previously lived together in the same room he broke into that night.
"He wanted to see Nadine to sort things out, and when he got there he saw the other man on the bed with her," he said. "He reacted to that, taking out his violence on the car."
Summers was ordered to pay £535 compensation.