Angry ex-lover in late night attack
FURIOUS James Summers grabbed a Samurai sword after he broke into his former partner s bedroom and found her lying on the bed with another man. He then went outside, picked up a paving slab, and systematically smashed the windows of the man s Toyota car,
FURIOUS James Summers grabbed a Samurai sword after he broke into his former partner's bedroom and found her lying on the bed with another man.
He then went outside, picked up a paving slab, and systematically smashed the windows of the man's Toyota car, magistrates heard this week.
Appearing at Fenland Magistrates' Court on Tuesday, 28-year-old Summers admitted causing £1,400 worth of damage to John Britchford's car.
Prosecuting, Andrew Williams said Summers and his former partner Nadine Burton had previously lived with Mr Britchford in Lime Avenue, Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
The couple split up amicably four weeks ago. On October 1 Ms Burton and Mr Britchford were on the bed to watch a DVD.
Ms Burton was awakened at 12.45am by someone shouting and swearing, and discovered Summers had climbed into her bedroom through the window. After words were exchanged he grabbed the sword, which he had previously left in the property, and then went outside and smashed the car windows.
- 1 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 2 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 5 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 6 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 7 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 8 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn to speak at King's Lynn hospital rally
- 10 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
"There is no suggestion that he threatened or used the sword in any way," he said.
Mitigating, Roger Glazebrook said Summers and Ms Burton had previously lived together in the same room he broke into that night.
"He wanted to see Nadine to sort things out, and when he got there he saw the other man on the bed with her," he said. "He reacted to that, taking out his violence on the car."
Summers was ordered to pay £535 compensation.