Anglian Players ‘Play On’ at March Community Centre
- Credit: Archant
Following the success of riotous comedy ‘Don’t Get Your Vicars In a Twist’ performed last October, rehearsals are well underway for The Anglian Players next show, ‘Play On!’, by Rick Abbot.
The cast and friends turned out in force for the first set-building day on Sunday April 29.
It tells the hilarious story of a theatre group trying desperately to put on a play in spite of maddening interference from a haughty authoress who keeps revising the script.
Act one is a rehearsal of the dreadful show, act two is the near disastrous dress rehearsal, and the brief final act is the actual performance in which anything that can go wrong does.
Directed by Alan Hooks and Theresa Winslow, there are many familiar faces from previous shows, as well as some new members.
You may also want to watch:
Performances will be at March Community Centre, Station Road, on Thursday 17, Friday 18, and Saturday 19 May, starting at 7.30pm; 2.30pm matinee on the Saturday, too.
Tickets, £8 (adults) and £7 (concessions), on sale from May 5 from The Pet Shop, Station Road, March. Tickets also be available on the door.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 5 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 6 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 7 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter