Anglian Players ‘Play On’ at March Community Centre
- Credit: Archant
Following the success of riotous comedy ‘Don’t Get Your Vicars In a Twist’ performed last October, rehearsals are well underway for The Anglian Players next show, ‘Play On!’, by Rick Abbot.
The cast and friends turned out in force for the first set-building day on Sunday April 29.
It tells the hilarious story of a theatre group trying desperately to put on a play in spite of maddening interference from a haughty authoress who keeps revising the script.
Act one is a rehearsal of the dreadful show, act two is the near disastrous dress rehearsal, and the brief final act is the actual performance in which anything that can go wrong does.
Directed by Alan Hooks and Theresa Winslow, there are many familiar faces from previous shows, as well as some new members.
You may also want to watch:
Performances will be at March Community Centre, Station Road, on Thursday 17, Friday 18, and Saturday 19 May, starting at 7.30pm; 2.30pm matinee on the Saturday, too.
Tickets, £8 (adults) and £7 (concessions), on sale from May 5 from The Pet Shop, Station Road, March. Tickets also be available on the door.
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 3 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 7 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 8 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 9 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 10 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000