Anglian Players ‘Play On’ at March Community Centre
- Credit: Archant
Following the success of riotous comedy ‘Don’t Get Your Vicars In a Twist’ performed last October, rehearsals are well underway for The Anglian Players next show, ‘Play On!’, by Rick Abbot.
The cast and friends turned out in force for the first set-building day on Sunday April 29.
It tells the hilarious story of a theatre group trying desperately to put on a play in spite of maddening interference from a haughty authoress who keeps revising the script.
Act one is a rehearsal of the dreadful show, act two is the near disastrous dress rehearsal, and the brief final act is the actual performance in which anything that can go wrong does.
Directed by Alan Hooks and Theresa Winslow, there are many familiar faces from previous shows, as well as some new members.
You may also want to watch:
Performances will be at March Community Centre, Station Road, on Thursday 17, Friday 18, and Saturday 19 May, starting at 7.30pm; 2.30pm matinee on the Saturday, too.
Tickets, £8 (adults) and £7 (concessions), on sale from May 5 from The Pet Shop, Station Road, March. Tickets also be available on the door.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Loved by royalty, Wisbech museum gets life saving £616,000 grant
- 3 Thieves conspired to steal over £1million worth of high-end luxury cars
- 4 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 5 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 6 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 7 Man jailed for trying to arrange sexual abuse of girls and woman
- 8 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 9 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 10 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash