Anglia in Bloom judges visit Orchards Church of England Academy in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Anglia in Bloom judges visited Orchards Church of England Academy in Wisbech on Friday (July 6).
Judges met with the ‘Litter Bugs’ after-school club who have collected plastic bottles and made a Greenhouse along with help from Ben Newton and volunteers from People and Animals.
Reception children chatted with judges about the planting they have been doing and were excited to show them the butterflies they were learning about as part of their extended curriculum.
The judges said they were blown away spending time with the children and that they were very impressed by the children’s passion and care regarding the environment.
Some children enjoyed eating a buffet lunch at the Oasis Community Centre and were happy to chat with other Waterlees volunteers and judges about their work.
You may also want to watch:
Lyn Johnson, from Orchards C of E Academy’s wellbeing team, thanked all the children involved, People and Animals and English Brothers LTD for their involvement with the project.
- 1 Body found in Wisbech road
- 2 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 3 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 4 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 5 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 6 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 7 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations