Fundraising page launched to help Wisbech Angles Theatre pay their £3,500 lost beanstalk bill
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising page has been launched to help a Wisbech theatre to pay an unexpected bill of £3,500 to replace a lost beanstalk.
The Angles Theatre - one of Britain’s oldest working theatres – is facing a financial crisis because the pantomime prop disappeared somewhere en route from the West County to the Fens before Christmas.
The company who handled the delivery apologised but insists the risk is down to the theatre – who didn’t think it necessary to insure the prop for their run of Jack and the Beanstalk.
Jamie Cook, who is a trustee of the theatre and set up the fundraising page, said: “Unfortunately we were unable to recover the cost of this Beanstalk and now we have to find a hefty sum of money to cover the cost of this and repay the hire company.
“We are a small charity and this is a large amount of money for us to find, especially at this, our quietest time of year. We are asking for any donations that can be made to help us cover the cost of this.”
You may also want to watch:
Luke Tagney said: “I donated because of all the amazing times I had at the Angles Theatre as a child.
“It steered me into a career in TV as a sound engineer and gave me the confidence I needed to grow as a person.”
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 5 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
In its first few hours the fundraising page £50 has been raised towards the £3,500 target.
To donate visit www.gofundme.com/missing-beanstalk