Murder investigation launches after a man dies five days after being stabbed in his home
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a man who was attacked two days before Christmas died of his injuries.
Andrew Sammons, 40, was found with stab wounds at his home in Hawthorn Avenue, Wisbech, on Sunday December 23.
He died in Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Kings Lynn, on Friday December 28.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “A man who was the victim of a stabbing two days before Christmas has died.
“Officers are investigating Mr Sammons’s death as a murder.
You may also want to watch:
“A woman in her 40s was arrested and has been released pending further investigations.”
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 4 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000