Murder investigation launches after a man dies five days after being stabbed in his home
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a man who was attacked two days before Christmas died of his injuries.
Andrew Sammons, 40, was found with stab wounds at his home in Hawthorn Avenue, Wisbech, on Sunday December 23.
He died in Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Kings Lynn, on Friday December 28.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “A man who was the victim of a stabbing two days before Christmas has died.
“Officers are investigating Mr Sammons’s death as a murder.
You may also want to watch:
“A woman in her 40s was arrested and has been released pending further investigations.”
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 3 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 4 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 7 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car