Murder investigation launches after a man dies five days after being stabbed in his home
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a man who was attacked two days before Christmas died of his injuries.
Andrew Sammons, 40, was found with stab wounds at his home in Hawthorn Avenue, Wisbech, on Sunday December 23.
He died in Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Kings Lynn, on Friday December 28.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “A man who was the victim of a stabbing two days before Christmas has died.
“Officers are investigating Mr Sammons’s death as a murder.
You may also want to watch:
“A woman in her 40s was arrested and has been released pending further investigations.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 4 Watches and electric display box stolen in village burglary
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 7 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured