An unwelcome guest
BURGLAR Lee Sanders spent the night in a room at the Griffin Hotel, March, without booking in, or paying for, his accommodation. He helped himself to tea and coffee in the room, and next morning stole the cleaner s handbag before leaving. At Fenland Magis
BURGLAR Lee Sanders spent the night in a room at the Griffin Hotel, March, without booking in, or paying for, his accommodation.
He helped himself to tea and coffee in the room, and next morning stole the cleaner's handbag before leaving.
At Fenland Magistrates' Court Sanders, 31, of West Parade, Wisbech, admitted burglary at the hotel and further admitted burgling the Baker's Oven in March two days later, stealing a wallet from the staff locker room.
The court heard that Sanders was already subject to a four month suspended prison sentence for drink driving.
You may also want to watch:
"He was on his uppers at the time, with no income," explained solicitor Anita Waterman. "He was desperate for money.
Sentencing was adjourned until May 8.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 5 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 6 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 7 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 8 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 9 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 10 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'