An unwelcome guest
BURGLAR Lee Sanders spent the night in a room at the Griffin Hotel, March, without booking in, or paying for, his accommodation. He helped himself to tea and coffee in the room, and next morning stole the cleaner s handbag before leaving. At Fenland Magis
BURGLAR Lee Sanders spent the night in a room at the Griffin Hotel, March, without booking in, or paying for, his accommodation.
He helped himself to tea and coffee in the room, and next morning stole the cleaner's handbag before leaving.
At Fenland Magistrates' Court Sanders, 31, of West Parade, Wisbech, admitted burglary at the hotel and further admitted burgling the Baker's Oven in March two days later, stealing a wallet from the staff locker room.
The court heard that Sanders was already subject to a four month suspended prison sentence for drink driving.
You may also want to watch:
"He was on his uppers at the time, with no income," explained solicitor Anita Waterman. "He was desperate for money.
Sentencing was adjourned until May 8.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 5 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 8 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 9 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires