Almost time for tea at Wisbech & Fenland Museum
- Credit: Archant
A tearoom and new shop products are coming to Wisbech and Fenland Museum.
The additions come after members of the museum spoke with visitors, which gained support for equipment from the Association of Independent Museums.
The tearoom is one of several new services the museum is trialling to support itself in the short term and in working towards a longer term re-development of the building, displays and site in the future.
Other new services planned for the coming months are guided tours of the museum and an improved museum shop area selling a range of toys, souvenirs and gifts.
A spokesman said: “The tearoom will be downstairs in the museum, overlooking the garden and will be set amongst a new display about Wisbech’s important history and those who have helped shape it.
You may also want to watch:
“Responses from families, day visitors and community groups showed a tearoom and shop are high on the list to improve the museum.
The tearoom, opening in October will provide tea, coffee, cold drinks, snacks, cake and biscuits at affordable prices.
- 1 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 2 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away