Almost time for tea at Wisbech & Fenland Museum
- Credit: Archant
A tearoom and new shop products are coming to Wisbech and Fenland Museum.
The additions come after members of the museum spoke with visitors, which gained support for equipment from the Association of Independent Museums.
The tearoom is one of several new services the museum is trialling to support itself in the short term and in working towards a longer term re-development of the building, displays and site in the future.
Other new services planned for the coming months are guided tours of the museum and an improved museum shop area selling a range of toys, souvenirs and gifts.
A spokesman said: “The tearoom will be downstairs in the museum, overlooking the garden and will be set amongst a new display about Wisbech’s important history and those who have helped shape it.
You may also want to watch:
“Responses from families, day visitors and community groups showed a tearoom and shop are high on the list to improve the museum.
The tearoom, opening in October will provide tea, coffee, cold drinks, snacks, cake and biscuits at affordable prices.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 6 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 7 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 10 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years