Alexandra Road Dental Practice in Wisbech celebrates 35 years in business
ALEXANDRA Road Dental Practice in Wisbech is celebrating 35 years in the town with staff continuing to offer a warm welcome to new and existing patients. The practice was founded by Fred Norman in premises at numbers 11 and 12 which had been previously us
ALEXANDRA Road Dental Practice in Wisbech is celebrating 35 years in the town with staff continuing to offer a warm welcome to new and existing patients.
The practice was founded by Fred Norman in premises at numbers 11 and 12 which had been previously used as a paint shop and flat.
Mr Norman remains at the forefront of the practice with some of his patients being the grandchildren of those who were the first to register with him.
He said: "We have always regarded ourselves as a family practice and hope to keep this continuity going. It is nice for patients to see the same dentist each time they come.
You may also want to watch:
"I myself am now seeing the grandchildren of my first patients and it is a wonderful experience to have that continuity which is so often lacking these days."
It was a one dentist practice when Mr Norman founded it but there are now five dentists with a wealth of experience between them. Over the years the premises have been altered and extended and now offer more surgery and office space.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 4 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
Mr Norman said: "We pride ourselves on using the latest technology such as digital x-rays, sedation techniques and root canal treatment."
Working alongside Mr Norman are Kerry Tolhurst, May Han, Stephen Pitchford and Amel Sami. Mr Pitchford has been absent from the practice for some months but has now rejoined and is looking forward to working with new and existing patients. Amel Sami has replaced Helen Cronin and will be taking over her patients and also seeing new NHS patients.
Mr Norman said: "Our surgery staff has also been with us for some years so patients get to know their faces as well as the dentists. We will be continuing as a caring, family practice which has always been one of our strengths.