Aldi in Wisbech goes baking mad as new bakery opens instore
- Credit: Archant
Aldi has opened a new fresh bakery section in its Wisbech store on Sandyland Street.
The bakery comes as a response to strong consumer demand.
It will now feature twenty new sweet and savoury treats including morning pastries, cookies, doughnuts, baguettes and loaves which are freshly baked for customers throughout the day.
Aldi store manager, Simon Wood, said: “We are very pleased to have opened the new bakery section which will offer a greater selection of fresh product lines for shoppers in Wisbech.
“I am sure that our customers will appreciate the wonderful smells which are now radiating throughout the store!”
You may also want to watch:
Deputy store manager Sarah Kettlwell is leading the bakery section, having been trained by master baker Ivan Velastegui, and is being supported by a small dedicated bakery team.
Aldi is open from 8am to 10pm Monday to Saturday and 10am to 4pm on Sunday.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 7 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 8 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 9 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 10 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out