Fenland Freemasons support Alan Hudson Day Treatment Centre in Wisbech
- Credit: Supplied
Freemasons in the Fens have continued to support one of Wisbech’s day centres with a generous cash donation.
Cambridgeshire Freemasons have come together and have handed over £650 to the Alan Hudson Day Treatment Centre.
Based at the North Cambs Hospital in the Fenland town, the centre provides support to those suffering with life-limiting illnesses.
This is provided free of charge to patients, along with day therapy, treatment and clinical days, including haematology and oncology work.
Members of the Fenland Farmers Lodge raised the money last year with a number of fundraising events throughout 2019.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: "We are currently working on 'Festival 2023' - a five-year fundraiser to support the work of the Masonic Charitable Foundation.
"In addition we're currently planning an open day at Ely Masonic Hall on April 25 to which all visitors are welcome.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 Man assaults police officer whilst in possession of drugs on E-Bike
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 Watches and electric display box stolen in village burglary
"More information will be shared soon - we're very keen to get as many people through the doors as possible."
For more information about Freemasonry in Cambs, email: email@example.com