Fenland Freemasons support Alan Hudson Day Treatment Centre in Wisbech
- Credit: Supplied
Freemasons in the Fens have continued to support one of Wisbech’s day centres with a generous cash donation.
Cambridgeshire Freemasons have come together and have handed over £650 to the Alan Hudson Day Treatment Centre.
Based at the North Cambs Hospital in the Fenland town, the centre provides support to those suffering with life-limiting illnesses.
This is provided free of charge to patients, along with day therapy, treatment and clinical days, including haematology and oncology work.
Members of the Fenland Farmers Lodge raised the money last year with a number of fundraising events throughout 2019.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: "We are currently working on 'Festival 2023' - a five-year fundraiser to support the work of the Masonic Charitable Foundation.
"In addition we're currently planning an open day at Ely Masonic Hall on April 25 to which all visitors are welcome.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 4 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 5 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 6 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 9 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 10 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
"More information will be shared soon - we're very keen to get as many people through the doors as possible."
For more information about Freemasonry in Cambs, email: email@example.com