Community fund raiser launched to expand and improve the Alan Hudson Day treatment Centre in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A day care centre that offers support, care and a listening ear to people with cancer and their families has launched a major fund raising campaign to bring in £50,000 for essential development works.
The Alan Hudson Day Treatment Centre, an Arthur Rank Hospice service in Wisbech, urgently needs expansion and development work.
More than £225,000 has been pledged by The Hudson Foundation, the primary donor, with generous contributions from the Friends of Wisbech Hospitals and the Robert Hall Trust.
An appeal has now been launched on JustGiving to help raise the final £50,000.
Michelle Knight, matron at the centre, said: “We are so grateful that The Hudson Foundation, who have provided funding throughout our history, have once again recognised the needs of the local community and are supporting us as we move forward into this next chapter in the Alan Hudson Day Treatment Centre’s future.
You may also want to watch:
“Together with their support, and that of the Friends of Wisbech Hospital and the Robert Hall Trust, we have been able to start planning how to turn our dream of upgrading our tired facilities, into a reality.
“It’s essential that we raise the last £50,000 so we can start these long over-due improvements in September and extend the services we provide. “The plans have been designed with our patients in mind. The impact for each of them as we treat and support them at the most difficult time of their life, will be huge.
- 1 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 2 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 3 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 4 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 5 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 6 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 7 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 8 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 9 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 10 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
“We hope that the close-knit community in Wisbech, the Fens and the surrounding area will get behind us and spread the word so that we can make this project happen.”
Lindsay, a patient who’s been attending for eight months, said: “The staff here are so supportive in so many ways. It’s turned my life round and I’d love to think that in the future, it’s going to do that for a lot of other people.”
The team provides essential care to people living with a life-limiting illness, like lung disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis, cancer and heart failure.
Care includes day therapy, treatment and clinical days, complementary therapy and bereavement support. Additionally, the centre provides a Hospice at Home service and gives clinical advice to people receiving palliative care on the adjacent Trafford Ward.
• Visit Just Giving and search for Alan Hudson DTC Appeal or text ALAN20 plus the amount you wish to donate to 70070 or send a cheque to Alan Hudson Day Treatment Centre The Park, Wisbech, PE13 3AB, call 01945 488052 to donate over the phone.