‘Aladdin’ is Angles Theatre’s pantomime for 2016
- Credit: Archant
The Angles Theatre’s award-winning Ratz theatre company will perform traditional family pantomime ‘Aladdin’ throughout this month.
Written by Warren McWilliams, the cast start rehearsals on Friday December 9. “The cast of 40 expect to thoroughly entertain you and help make your Christmas as special and memorable as they can,” said Emlyn Moment, of the group.
“Aladdin (Josh Shippey) has to battle the evil Abanazar (Lorraine Carver) to win Jasmine’s (Eden Carver) hand in marriage.
“Meanwhile Wishy Washy (Matt Beare) also tries his hardest to entice So Shi (Rheanon Hanks) into his arms.
“The Genie (Kate Filart), who confusingly keeps changing the master he obeys according to who rubs the lamp, also tries his best to ensure that the whole story has a happy ending.
You may also want to watch:
“Interrupting the story and encouraging the audience to help is Aladdin and Wishy Washy’s mum, Widow Twankey (Kevin Shippey).
“Widow Twankey runs Old Peking’s well known laundry called Twankey’s Wondrous Washarama. Her late husband Frankie Twankey was a swanky, lanky Yankee who was always after hanky panky and sadly drowned at sea.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
For tickets visit www.anglestheatre.co.uk or call 01945 474447.