‘Aladdin’ is Angles Theatre’s pantomime for 2016
- Credit: Archant
The Angles Theatre’s award-winning Ratz theatre company will perform traditional family pantomime ‘Aladdin’ throughout this month.
Written by Warren McWilliams, the cast start rehearsals on Friday December 9. “The cast of 40 expect to thoroughly entertain you and help make your Christmas as special and memorable as they can,” said Emlyn Moment, of the group.
“Aladdin (Josh Shippey) has to battle the evil Abanazar (Lorraine Carver) to win Jasmine’s (Eden Carver) hand in marriage.
“Meanwhile Wishy Washy (Matt Beare) also tries his hardest to entice So Shi (Rheanon Hanks) into his arms.
“The Genie (Kate Filart), who confusingly keeps changing the master he obeys according to who rubs the lamp, also tries his best to ensure that the whole story has a happy ending.
You may also want to watch:
“Interrupting the story and encouraging the audience to help is Aladdin and Wishy Washy’s mum, Widow Twankey (Kevin Shippey).
“Widow Twankey runs Old Peking’s well known laundry called Twankey’s Wondrous Washarama. Her late husband Frankie Twankey was a swanky, lanky Yankee who was always after hanky panky and sadly drowned at sea.”
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 8 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 9 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
For tickets visit www.anglestheatre.co.uk or call 01945 474447.