‘Aladdin’ is Angles Theatre’s pantomime for 2016
- Credit: Archant
The Angles Theatre’s award-winning Ratz theatre company will perform traditional family pantomime ‘Aladdin’ throughout this month.
Written by Warren McWilliams, the cast start rehearsals on Friday December 9. “The cast of 40 expect to thoroughly entertain you and help make your Christmas as special and memorable as they can,” said Emlyn Moment, of the group.
“Aladdin (Josh Shippey) has to battle the evil Abanazar (Lorraine Carver) to win Jasmine’s (Eden Carver) hand in marriage.
“Meanwhile Wishy Washy (Matt Beare) also tries his hardest to entice So Shi (Rheanon Hanks) into his arms.
“The Genie (Kate Filart), who confusingly keeps changing the master he obeys according to who rubs the lamp, also tries his best to ensure that the whole story has a happy ending.
You may also want to watch:
“Interrupting the story and encouraging the audience to help is Aladdin and Wishy Washy’s mum, Widow Twankey (Kevin Shippey).
“Widow Twankey runs Old Peking’s well known laundry called Twankey’s Wondrous Washarama. Her late husband Frankie Twankey was a swanky, lanky Yankee who was always after hanky panky and sadly drowned at sea.”
- 1 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 2 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 3 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 4 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 5 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 6 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 7 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 8 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 9 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 10 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find
For tickets visit www.anglestheatre.co.uk or call 01945 474447.