‘Aladdin’ is Angles Theatre’s pantomime for 2016
- Credit: Archant
The Angles Theatre’s award-winning Ratz theatre company will perform traditional family pantomime ‘Aladdin’ throughout this month.
Written by Warren McWilliams, the cast start rehearsals on Friday December 9. “The cast of 40 expect to thoroughly entertain you and help make your Christmas as special and memorable as they can,” said Emlyn Moment, of the group.
“Aladdin (Josh Shippey) has to battle the evil Abanazar (Lorraine Carver) to win Jasmine’s (Eden Carver) hand in marriage.
“Meanwhile Wishy Washy (Matt Beare) also tries his hardest to entice So Shi (Rheanon Hanks) into his arms.
“The Genie (Kate Filart), who confusingly keeps changing the master he obeys according to who rubs the lamp, also tries his best to ensure that the whole story has a happy ending.
“Interrupting the story and encouraging the audience to help is Aladdin and Wishy Washy’s mum, Widow Twankey (Kevin Shippey).
“Widow Twankey runs Old Peking’s well known laundry called Twankey’s Wondrous Washarama. Her late husband Frankie Twankey was a swanky, lanky Yankee who was always after hanky panky and sadly drowned at sea.”
- 1 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 2 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 3 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 4 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 5 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 6 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 7 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 8 Mother of Rikki Neave 'told the truth and nothing but the truth', jury told
- 9 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 10 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
For tickets visit www.anglestheatre.co.uk or call 01945 474447.