Air ambulance flies in to help after driver trapped after HGV overturns in Fenland village
AN air ambulance dropped into a Fenland village today after a driver was injured when his lorry overturned. The accident happened shortly after noon in Euximoor Drove, Christchurch, and the driver of the HGV became trapped inside. The Magpas Emergency Med
AN air ambulance dropped into a Fenland village today after a driver was injured when his lorry overturned.
The accident happened shortly after noon in Euximoor Drove, Christchurch, and the driver of the HGV became trapped inside.
The Magpas Emergency Medical Team was taken to scene by the East Anglian Air Ambulance from its base at RAF Wyton.
"Once the driver had been extricated, he was found to be suffering from a suspected serious back injury," said Magpas spokesman Daryl Brown.
You may also want to watch:
"The clinical team administered advanced pain relief on scene and stabilise the patient for transfer by land ambulance to Peterborough District Hospital where his condition is described as stable.
The clinical team consisted of Magpas Doctor Mark Folman, critical care paramedic Simon Standen and pilot Chris Sherriff from the EAAA.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 6 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
Mr Brown added: "Thanks to the emergency training Magpas volunteer doctors and EEAST paramedics receive and the advanced clinical equipment available aboard Anglia Two, our Emergency Medical Team was able deliver an advanced level of pre-hospital emergency medical care at the scene.