Agrimech wins prestigious award at ceremony that recognises excellence across UK manufacturing
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech-based company has won one of the highest awards in UK manufacturing.
Agrimech triumphed in the Progressive SMEs (small and medium-sized enterprises) category at The Manufacturing MX (manufacturing excellence) awards.
It means that Agrimech - who were also the big winners at our Fenland Enterprise Business Awards this year - will receive a package of support over the next 12 months from Santander, HVM Catapult, IfM and Cranfield University.
The awards are held annually by The Manufacturer magazine in partnership with the UK’s oldest engineering association, the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE).
Darren Smith, managing director at Agrimech, said: “It is a bit of a shock, this was a category not open for nominations, and so we are very humbled by it. “I think this will definitely add value to the brand.”
You may also want to watch:
This year, the event was the culmination of an intense four-month judging period, where hand-picked, experienced judges, collectively travelled thousands of miles to benchmark the companies.
Nick Hussey, the CEO of Hennik Group, which publishes The Manufacturer, said: “Companies like these demonstrate the brilliance of, and how dynamic SMEs are to UK manufacturing.
- 1 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Camp Beagle protest arrest on suspicion of ‘intimidation’
- 7 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 8 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
- 9 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 10 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
“They prove that our manufacturers are second to none when it comes to the quality of their products and the processes that go into making them.
“Hopefully this award will make people aware of just how great manufacturing is and, most importantly, what a terrific career it offers young people.”
Matt Rooney, engineering policy adviser at the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, said: “The Institution of Mechanical Engineers is delighted to maintain our partnership with the TMMX Awards, which recognise excellence across UK manufacturing.
He added: “Manufacturing is one of the major drivers of our economy and in order to remain so, the sector will need to adapt to a fast-changing technological landscape. Congratulations to the winners. Everyone who took part is a great credit to the manufacturing industry and the UK engineering profession.”
The awards took place on November 15, where the elite of the UK manufacturing community gathered, in the home of The Manufacturer’s flagship series at the Exhibition Centre Liverpool.