Agrimech wins prestigious award at ceremony that recognises excellence across UK manufacturing
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech-based company has won one of the highest awards in UK manufacturing.
Agrimech triumphed in the Progressive SMEs (small and medium-sized enterprises) category at The Manufacturing MX (manufacturing excellence) awards.
It means that Agrimech - who were also the big winners at our Fenland Enterprise Business Awards this year - will receive a package of support over the next 12 months from Santander, HVM Catapult, IfM and Cranfield University.
The awards are held annually by The Manufacturer magazine in partnership with the UK’s oldest engineering association, the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE).
Darren Smith, managing director at Agrimech, said: “It is a bit of a shock, this was a category not open for nominations, and so we are very humbled by it. “I think this will definitely add value to the brand.”
You may also want to watch:
This year, the event was the culmination of an intense four-month judging period, where hand-picked, experienced judges, collectively travelled thousands of miles to benchmark the companies.
Nick Hussey, the CEO of Hennik Group, which publishes The Manufacturer, said: “Companies like these demonstrate the brilliance of, and how dynamic SMEs are to UK manufacturing.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 8 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 9 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 10 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
“They prove that our manufacturers are second to none when it comes to the quality of their products and the processes that go into making them.
“Hopefully this award will make people aware of just how great manufacturing is and, most importantly, what a terrific career it offers young people.”
Matt Rooney, engineering policy adviser at the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, said: “The Institution of Mechanical Engineers is delighted to maintain our partnership with the TMMX Awards, which recognise excellence across UK manufacturing.
He added: “Manufacturing is one of the major drivers of our economy and in order to remain so, the sector will need to adapt to a fast-changing technological landscape. Congratulations to the winners. Everyone who took part is a great credit to the manufacturing industry and the UK engineering profession.”
The awards took place on November 15, where the elite of the UK manufacturing community gathered, in the home of The Manufacturer’s flagship series at the Exhibition Centre Liverpool.