Age UK celebrate third year at Oasis Community Centre
MEMBERS of Age UK Cambs have celebrated their third year being based at Wisbech’s Oasis Community Centre in style.
The Community and Children Centre held a party with live country and western music from Chrissie Carson and a buffet provided by Cambridgeshire ACRE.
Thanks to donations from Roddons Housing Association, Cambridgeshire ACRE and the Lottery Fund the centre has also opened a new garden, where all their visitors can grow their own vegetables.
The anniversary party was attended by staff, visitors, volunteers and members of community police.
Two of the original group members, Fred & Sybil, also renewed their wedding vows at the weekend after 43 years of marriage.
You may also want to watch:
Lynne Hayden, Fenland Day Centre Manager, said: “We had a fabulous time with lots of food and cake. Everyone really enjoyed it, and they were all singing along to the music.
“It’s been a brilliant week and everyone has had a great time. Our group is really grateful to all those who have come to entertain, give talks, demonstrate crafts and all the volunteers who have helped over the past three years.”
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 4 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 5 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 6 Shotgun, fake cash and cannabis found at suspected dealer’s home
- 7 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 8 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 Covid cases down at Norfolk hospital, but concerns remain over roof