Age UK celebrate third year at Oasis Community Centre
MEMBERS of Age UK Cambs have celebrated their third year being based at Wisbech’s Oasis Community Centre in style.
The Community and Children Centre held a party with live country and western music from Chrissie Carson and a buffet provided by Cambridgeshire ACRE.
Thanks to donations from Roddons Housing Association, Cambridgeshire ACRE and the Lottery Fund the centre has also opened a new garden, where all their visitors can grow their own vegetables.
The anniversary party was attended by staff, visitors, volunteers and members of community police.
Two of the original group members, Fred & Sybil, also renewed their wedding vows at the weekend after 43 years of marriage.
You may also want to watch:
Lynne Hayden, Fenland Day Centre Manager, said: “We had a fabulous time with lots of food and cake. Everyone really enjoyed it, and they were all singing along to the music.
“It’s been a brilliant week and everyone has had a great time. Our group is really grateful to all those who have come to entertain, give talks, demonstrate crafts and all the volunteers who have helped over the past three years.”
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 4 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 9 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 10 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants