First class afternoon tea at Peckover School as pupils learn about Titanic
- Credit: Archant
It was an unsinkable event of afternoon fun at a Wisbech school as children were treated to a first class Titanic tea.
Children at Peckover School boarded their very own afternoon tea party as part of learning about the tragic disaster.
Local guests including the Mayor and Mayoress of Wisbech, Peter and Janet Human, also donned their best outfits to dine with the children.
Cakes, scones, jam, cream and sandwiches with the crusts cut off were all served around the dinner table on Wednesday (March 20).
Pupils could choose to dress as either a First Class or Third Class passenger.
You may also want to watch:
Outfits ranged from dresses and hats with posh jewellery to flat caps, waistcoats and aprons.
There was also the choice of dressing as a crew member or Captain Smith.
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 4 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
Kate Kendal, vice principal, said: “Children had to make and evaluate tiered cake stands before preparing an afternoon tea, which had to be eaten with their little pinkies in the air, of course.
“This is the sixth year we have held the afternoon tea for Year 6 and it is one of our highlights of the year.”