First class afternoon tea at Peckover School as pupils learn about Titanic
- Credit: Archant
It was an unsinkable event of afternoon fun at a Wisbech school as children were treated to a first class Titanic tea.
Children at Peckover School boarded their very own afternoon tea party as part of learning about the tragic disaster.
Local guests including the Mayor and Mayoress of Wisbech, Peter and Janet Human, also donned their best outfits to dine with the children.
Cakes, scones, jam, cream and sandwiches with the crusts cut off were all served around the dinner table on Wednesday (March 20).
Pupils could choose to dress as either a First Class or Third Class passenger.
Outfits ranged from dresses and hats with posh jewellery to flat caps, waistcoats and aprons.
There was also the choice of dressing as a crew member or Captain Smith.
- 1 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 2 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 3 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 4 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 5 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 6 Child shot in face by BB gun bought at summer festival
- 7 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 8 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 9 Council has extra £18m in the kitty because of Covid
- 10 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
Kate Kendal, vice principal, said: “Children had to make and evaluate tiered cake stands before preparing an afternoon tea, which had to be eaten with their little pinkies in the air, of course.
“This is the sixth year we have held the afternoon tea for Year 6 and it is one of our highlights of the year.”