First class afternoon tea at Peckover School as pupils learn about Titanic
- Credit: Archant
It was an unsinkable event of afternoon fun at a Wisbech school as children were treated to a first class Titanic tea.
Children at Peckover School boarded their very own afternoon tea party as part of learning about the tragic disaster.
Local guests including the Mayor and Mayoress of Wisbech, Peter and Janet Human, also donned their best outfits to dine with the children.
Cakes, scones, jam, cream and sandwiches with the crusts cut off were all served around the dinner table on Wednesday (March 20).
Pupils could choose to dress as either a First Class or Third Class passenger.
You may also want to watch:
Outfits ranged from dresses and hats with posh jewellery to flat caps, waistcoats and aprons.
There was also the choice of dressing as a crew member or Captain Smith.
- 1 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 2 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 3 Man who headbutted and spat at HMRC officers told to expect jail
- 4 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 5 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 6 No queue as vaccinations for 500 patients in a day begin
- 7 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 8 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 9 Council tax frozen after eventful but non event year
- 10 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
Kate Kendal, vice principal, said: “Children had to make and evaluate tiered cake stands before preparing an afternoon tea, which had to be eaten with their little pinkies in the air, of course.
“This is the sixth year we have held the afternoon tea for Year 6 and it is one of our highlights of the year.”