Advent art at St Peter’s Lodge, Wisbech opens to public next week
- Credit: Archant
A piece of Advent artwork created by two Wisbech artists and local children is to go on show at St Peter’s Church.
The creation of ‘Advent: Joy, Love and Peace’ was lead by artists Dan Donovan and Kaitlin Ferguson, who held an artist residency at St Peter’s Lodge for two primary schools – Nene & Ramnoth Road and Elm Road Primary School.
Throughout a week of creative workshops, the artists encouraged children to explore the themes of advent, joy, love and peace. The sessions also included experimenting with colour and three dimensional shapes.
Through the workshops the children created ‘wish pyramids’ - individual sculptures that contained a wish inside for someone special over the Christmas period.
Dan said: “Each child expressed their own creative flair and combined their pieces to create a collaborative sculpture.
“These mix media sculptures combined to create an installation which represented the theme of advent in abstract ways.
“Each colour had different symbolic meanings e.g advent is represented by purple, love is shown as blue and happiness as green.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 5 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 6 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 7 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 8 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 9 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 10 Mechanic turned astrophotographer's stunning images of space
“The culmination of the workshop is the public art projection on the bell tower of St. Peter & St. Paul Parish Church, Wisbech.
“The projected images were taken throughout the week and evoke the spirit of Christmas and Advent.”
The project is part of the Pathways to Inspiration initiative, a community arts project based in St. Peter’s Lodge, Wisbech.
The projection opens to members of the public from 4-8pm tonight and tomorrow (Friday 23 and Saturday 24)