Police pursuit ends with arrest after stolen caravan is towed along A47 towards Wisbech with no headlights - the driver failed to stop for officers
- Credit: Archant
A man who fled the scene following a police pursuit after towing a stolen caravan on the A47 towards Wisbech with no headlights was arrested for failing to stop for officers.
The incident happened around 11.30pm on Sunday April 29 when officers attempted to stop a Mitsubishi Shogun, which was being driven with no headlights and was towing a caravan.
The driver did not stop, which resulted in a pursuit along the A47, through Tilney St. Lawrence, along Magdalen Road and then onto Common Road, where the vehicle stopped in a field and the driver fled the scene.
After extensive searches including dog and drone units, the man in his 40s was detained and taken into police custody for questioning.
Further inquiries identified that the caravan, which was being towed had been stolen from an address in Holt also on Sunday April 29.
You may also want to watch:
The man has been released under investigation pending further enquiries.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 3 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 8 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation