Police pursuit ends with arrest after stolen caravan is towed along A47 towards Wisbech with no headlights - the driver failed to stop for officers
- Credit: Archant
A man who fled the scene following a police pursuit after towing a stolen caravan on the A47 towards Wisbech with no headlights was arrested for failing to stop for officers.
The incident happened around 11.30pm on Sunday April 29 when officers attempted to stop a Mitsubishi Shogun, which was being driven with no headlights and was towing a caravan.
The driver did not stop, which resulted in a pursuit along the A47, through Tilney St. Lawrence, along Magdalen Road and then onto Common Road, where the vehicle stopped in a field and the driver fled the scene.
After extensive searches including dog and drone units, the man in his 40s was detained and taken into police custody for questioning.
Further inquiries identified that the caravan, which was being towed had been stolen from an address in Holt also on Sunday April 29.
You may also want to watch:
The man has been released under investigation pending further enquiries.
- 1 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 2 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 5 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 6 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 7 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn to speak at King's Lynn hospital rally
- 9 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 10 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze