A47 FATALITY: Police launch appeal for witnesses after death of pedestrian
POLICE are appealing for witnesses following a road traffic collision yesterday (July 9) afternoon which has sadly left a man dead. The incident happened in the Swaffham-bound carriageway at noon on the A47 at King s Lynn about 300 metres east of the Pull
POLICE are appealing for witnesses following a road traffic collision yesterday (July 9) afternoon which has sadly left a man dead.
The incident happened in the Swaffham-bound carriageway at noon on the A47 at King's Lynn about 300 metres east of the Pullover roundabout.
A 37-year-old male pedestrian, who is from the King's Lynn area, was in collision with a Scania articulated lorry. Sadly he was pronounced dead at the scene as a result of his injuries.
The lorry driver was not injured.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the collision or anyone who saw a pedestrian standing on the grass verge just prior to the collision to contact them.
Anyone with information should contact PC Jeremy Blamire or Sgt Peter Howlett at the road policing unit in Swaffham on 0845 4564567
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 5 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 6 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 7 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 10 Wisbech boss confident of upturn in fortunes thanks to new-look squad