A47 FATALITY: Police launch appeal for witnesses after death of pedestrian
POLICE are appealing for witnesses following a road traffic collision yesterday (July 9) afternoon which has sadly left a man dead. The incident happened in the Swaffham-bound carriageway at noon on the A47 at King s Lynn about 300 metres east of the Pull
POLICE are appealing for witnesses following a road traffic collision yesterday (July 9) afternoon which has sadly left a man dead.
The incident happened in the Swaffham-bound carriageway at noon on the A47 at King's Lynn about 300 metres east of the Pullover roundabout.
A 37-year-old male pedestrian, who is from the King's Lynn area, was in collision with a Scania articulated lorry. Sadly he was pronounced dead at the scene as a result of his injuries.
The lorry driver was not injured.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the collision or anyone who saw a pedestrian standing on the grass verge just prior to the collision to contact them.
Anyone with information should contact PC Jeremy Blamire or Sgt Peter Howlett at the road policing unit in Swaffham on 0845 4564567
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 3 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage