Biker taken to hospital in critical condition after A47 collision
- Credit: Terry Harris
A male motorcyclist has been taken to hospital in a critical condition following a serious collision involving a car on the A47.
Officers were called at 9.03am today (July 3) to reports of a collision involving a motorcyclist and a car on The Causeway, Thorney.
Police attended the scene, together with paramedics and the Magpas Air Ambulance.
One man - the motorcyclist - has been taken to hospital by ambulance in a critical condition.
As a result of the collision the A47 eastbound carriageway from the Eye Green roundabout is currently closed.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists are urged to avoid the area and take alternative routes.
Anyone who witnessed the collision should report information online at www.cambs.police.uk/report or call 101, quoting incident number 101 of July 3.
- 1 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 2 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 3 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Take 10 initiative leaves students ‘buzzing’ about literacy
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal