Biker taken to hospital in critical condition after A47 collision
- Credit: Terry Harris
A male motorcyclist has been taken to hospital in a critical condition following a serious collision involving a car on the A47.
Officers were called at 9.03am today (July 3) to reports of a collision involving a motorcyclist and a car on The Causeway, Thorney.
Police attended the scene, together with paramedics and the Magpas Air Ambulance.
One man - the motorcyclist - has been taken to hospital by ambulance in a critical condition.
As a result of the collision the A47 eastbound carriageway from the Eye Green roundabout is currently closed.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists are urged to avoid the area and take alternative routes.
Anyone who witnessed the collision should report information online at www.cambs.police.uk/report or call 101, quoting incident number 101 of July 3.
- 1 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 2 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 3 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 4 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 5 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 6 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 7 First wholetime woman firefighter in Cambs retires after 30 years
- 8 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault