Motorists advised to avoid the A47 Guyhirn roundabout area following a crash
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being advised to avoid the area or face heavy delays on the A47, between Rings End and Thorney, following a crash.
The warning comes after Cambridgeshire Police closed the Guyhirn roundabout this morning.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Travel News said: “Cambs Cops have put a temporary road closure in place at the Rings End roundabout at Guyhirn due to a road traffic collision at Thorney.
“Please avoid the area if possible.”
An AA Traffic spokesman said: “Road closed and very slow traffic due to accident on A47 South Brink both ways between B1167 New Cut and A141 March Road.
You may also want to watch:
“As of 9am the road has been closed to assist emergency services who are in attendance. Affecting traffic between Ring’s End and Thorney.”
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesman said: “Police were called at 8.04am to reports of a road traffic collision in Thorney Road, Guyhirn involving a bus and a lorry.
- 1 County council orders review into £120m lending to This Land
- 2 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
- 3 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 5 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 6 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 7 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 8 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 9 Camp Beagle protest arrest on suspicion of ‘intimidation’
- 10 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
“Police, Fire and Ambulance services attended but nobody was taken to hospital.
“Police remain at the scene and a lane of traffic is due to reopen shortly.”