Motorists advised to avoid the A47 Guyhirn roundabout area following a crash
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being advised to avoid the area or face heavy delays on the A47, between Rings End and Thorney, following a crash.
The warning comes after Cambridgeshire Police closed the Guyhirn roundabout this morning.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Travel News said: “Cambs Cops have put a temporary road closure in place at the Rings End roundabout at Guyhirn due to a road traffic collision at Thorney.
“Please avoid the area if possible.”
An AA Traffic spokesman said: “Road closed and very slow traffic due to accident on A47 South Brink both ways between B1167 New Cut and A141 March Road.
“As of 9am the road has been closed to assist emergency services who are in attendance. Affecting traffic between Ring’s End and Thorney.”
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesman said: “Police were called at 8.04am to reports of a road traffic collision in Thorney Road, Guyhirn involving a bus and a lorry.
- 1 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 2 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 3 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 4 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 5 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 6 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 7 Rikki Neave’s mother calls for tougher sentence for son’s murderer
- 8 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 9 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 10 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
“Police, Fire and Ambulance services attended but nobody was taken to hospital.
“Police remain at the scene and a lane of traffic is due to reopen shortly.”