Motorists advised to avoid the A47 Guyhirn roundabout area following a crash
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being advised to avoid the area or face heavy delays on the A47, between Rings End and Thorney, following a crash.
The warning comes after Cambridgeshire Police closed the Guyhirn roundabout this morning.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Travel News said: “Cambs Cops have put a temporary road closure in place at the Rings End roundabout at Guyhirn due to a road traffic collision at Thorney.
“Please avoid the area if possible.”
An AA Traffic spokesman said: “Road closed and very slow traffic due to accident on A47 South Brink both ways between B1167 New Cut and A141 March Road.
You may also want to watch:
“As of 9am the road has been closed to assist emergency services who are in attendance. Affecting traffic between Ring’s End and Thorney.”
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesman said: “Police were called at 8.04am to reports of a road traffic collision in Thorney Road, Guyhirn involving a bus and a lorry.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 8 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 9 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
“Police, Fire and Ambulance services attended but nobody was taken to hospital.
“Police remain at the scene and a lane of traffic is due to reopen shortly.”