Woman freed from overturned car following two vehicle collision on the A47 near Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A woman was taken to hospital after a car overturned following a collision on the A47 near Wisbech..
The A47 was closed in both directions to enable recovery work to get under way and remove the badly damaged vehicle.
The accident happened on the stretch on the South Brink from Cromwell Road towards Guyhirn.
Heavy traffic built up after the incident.
One eye witness said ambulance crews at the scene managed to free the woman prior to getting her to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
There are thought to have been two occupants of the crashed car – a man and a woman. It is not know who was driving it.
The incident happened at around 3.30pm.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
A police spokesman said: “Officers along with ambulance service attended a two vehicle collision on South Brink.
“A female has been taken to Peterborough City Hospital with slight injuries. Both vehicles were recovered at the scene.”
The spokesman added: “Did you witness this collision? Please call 101 and quote incident number CC-05062018-0278.”