Woman freed from overturned car following two vehicle collision on the A47 near Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A woman was taken to hospital after a car overturned following a collision on the A47 near Wisbech..
The A47 was closed in both directions to enable recovery work to get under way and remove the badly damaged vehicle.
The accident happened on the stretch on the South Brink from Cromwell Road towards Guyhirn.
Heavy traffic built up after the incident.
One eye witness said ambulance crews at the scene managed to free the woman prior to getting her to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
There are thought to have been two occupants of the crashed car – a man and a woman. It is not know who was driving it.
The incident happened at around 3.30pm.
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 4 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 10 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
A police spokesman said: “Officers along with ambulance service attended a two vehicle collision on South Brink.
“A female has been taken to Peterborough City Hospital with slight injuries. Both vehicles were recovered at the scene.”
The spokesman added: “Did you witness this collision? Please call 101 and quote incident number CC-05062018-0278.”